2022 CSA Season
What is a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)? CSA can take many forms, but basically CSA members are farm “investors” – buying into the farm early in the season helps the farm manage cash flows during the critical seeding and planting stage of the season when it can be difficult for farmers to cover the costs. In return for that investment, Love Letter Farm packs weekly boxes of high-quality, fresh, seasonal veggies. Each box is a lovingly tended snapshot showcasing the amazing range of colors and flavors that vegetables bring.
By signing up for CSA, members get to try out some of the experimental and unique items not always available at a supermarket. Love Letter CSA members also get the benefit of having a direct relationship with their farmer and the comfort of knowing that they are directly supporting regenerative, ecological agricultural practices. Shares are available for pick-up or delivered to your door.
Ways to get involved:
- Do you have a large shady porch or accessible commercial space? Offer to host a pick-up site in exchange for free shares!
- Donate to the scholarship program to provide fresh weekly vegetables to someone experiencing food insecurity.
- Sign up for one or more of the share options below! Sign up form
Shares are generally sized to be manageable for singles, couples, and small families.
Main season share (15 weeks): July-Oct // Once a week, shares include a wide variety of seasonal veggies and herbs. Anything from staples like carrots, onions, tomatoes and potatoes to specialty items like Asian greens, herbs, flowers and peppers. Shares are valued at ~$32/week
Main season share (15 weeks) with delivery: $555
Main season share (15 weeks) pick-up option: $480
Fall/winter share (6 weeks): Nov-Jan // Every other week between Nov-January. These slightly larger shares include lots of storage friendly veggies and greens that love the chill of a little frost. Examples: collards, kale, chicories, onions, garlic, leeks, potatoes, winter squash, turnips, parsnips, carrots, beets. Each share includes 8-9 different vegetables. Shares are valued at ~$42/week
Fall/winter shares (6 weeks) with delivery: $282
Fall/winter shares (6 weeks) pick-up option: $252
The whole enchilada: Sign up for all 21 weeks with delivery $795, or pick-up $695
- Payment plans are available with a $100 non-refundable deposit
- SNAP/Double Up Food Bucks options available
- Scholarships may be available on an as needed basis
- Returning members take 10% off any share
How to get your share:
Your share will be pre-packed in a reusable tote-bin and dropped off at your pick-up site. When picking up, be prepared with your own produce bag/container to transfer your vegetables into.
- Sunday: Early pick-up from 10am-2pm at the Montavilla Farmer’s Market (https://www.montavillamarket.org)
- Wednesday: 5pm-7pm near SE 33rd and Ankney
- Wednesday: 4pm-7pm N Portland near PCC Cascade
- Wednesday: 5pm-7pm at 8316 N Dwight Ave, Portland OR
Due to limited capacity, LLF deliverss to addresses in these zip codes: 97203, 97206, 97211, 97212, 97213, 97214, 97215, 97216, 97217, 97218, 97227, 97232, 97266*
Deliveries go out on Wednesdays, generally between 11AM-4PM. Reusable totes will be left on your porch or other convenient area. Please return totes the following week. (Note: Folks signing up for delivery will be charged a $20 refundable deposit at the beginning of the season to cover lost or damaged totes.)
*Delivery to other zip codes is available to share pick-up hosts, hosting 5+ shares.
- Main Season: Once a week starting Wednesday July 7th – Wednesday Oct. 12th
- Fall/Winter Season: Biweekly Wednesdays - 11/2, 11/16, 11/30, 12/14, 12/28, 1/11
Sign Up Deadlines:
- Main Season: 05/03/22
- Fall/Winter Share: 08/01/22
You can cancel at any point before the sign-up deadline, but once you submit payment you are committing to participate for the season.
Please email Meaghan directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) about donating to or purchasing a scholarship share. Scholarships are based on availability and need.
Check back, or follow the newsletter for updates!
2022 Crop List
- Asian Greens
- Brussels Sprouts
- Dry Beans
- Edible Flowers
- Salad Mix
- Salad Turnips
- Summer Sqash
- Winter Squash